We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our fantastic kitchen team in the heart of the Mornington Peninsula. The position offers the chance to immerse yourself in a role that will challenge and reward you in equal measure. The Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef and is key to the success of the kitchen operation at this vibrant golf club. The Sous Chef will have the opportunity to grow and develop in the role.
Some of the key things you will be able to demonstrate:
- Very STRONG leadership skills to lead and be able to direct the kitchen team accordingly in the Executive Chef’s absence
- The ability to lead, train and nurture staff
- Experience in restaurant quality service & presentation
- Experience in delivery of a variety of functions & events
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- High-level attention to detail
- Willing to work on rotating roster over a 7-day working week
To be successful with this appointment, you will possess the following key performance attributes:
- A strong leader who has a great passion for developing young talent and enjoys interaction with people
- A team player that leads from the front to harness a culture that promotes teamwork, team success and a safe and enjoyable work environment
- Great communication skills on all levels along with your exceptional people skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on experience and skills. The successful applicant will have access to 36 holes of golf and staff discounts.
Please Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your understanding.
Please e-mail your application, including a cover letter and explanation of how your skills and experience satisfy the key performance attributes to firstname.lastname@example.org