- Brief History
- Management & Board
- Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct
Our original members were the people behind the building of the golf course that is now known as Bay Views which was opened in 1956.
The mixing of a private golf club with a public golf course did not work out, but undeterred by this slight setback, the private members then decided to build their own new course.
After extensive investigation the current site was selected. It had been a pine plantation that was damaged by fire and then cleared. The 184 acres that was to become the North Course were purchased in 1962. As there was little money available, many members donated time, materials and money to see their dream realised.
The first nine holes opened in February 1964, with the second nine holes following just over a year later.
A parcel of 93 acres of land was purchased in 1970 for the South Course. The construction of the course was completed within two years to provide 36 exceptional holes.
Further work and investment has created the wonderful golfing test that may be enjoyed today.
The off-course facilities are no less impressive, with the current main clubhouse having opened in 1998. This spacious and well-appointed building provides a haven for members and their guests with a luxurious setting for dining and functions of all kinds.
Since 1962 our members have worked hard to build our Club to the magnificent standard it is today. It is thanks to their efforts that we are able to enjoy the facilities, friendliness and culture that is Rosebud Country Club.